Info for Students
Monday, February 15, 7:15-9:15pm
Students: University of Notre Dame students of all class years and academic majors are invited to participate in the 2020 ITAO event. Students are welcome to meet with employers of all sizes across all industries promoting full-time employment, internship, and other career opportunities.
Employers: Employers are currently registering for the event. Please check back at a later date for a list of organizations and employers that are attending.
Registration & Sign-Ups
Registration for the fair is required to participate.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
How to register:
- Sign in to Handshake and click on Events tab and then the Career fair tab.
- Click on the name of the fair you'd like to register for, then click Register in the upper-right corner of the page.
- A popup will appear on your screen with information for you to review. Click Register on this popup when you're ready to proceed.
Once registered, you will still need to sign-up for sessions with employers.
How to sign-up for employer sessions:
- Once you're registered for the fair, you'll be able to view and sign up for available employer sessions. Click the Available Sessions tab in the upper-right of the page, below the fair title and date/time.
- You'll be able to sign up for additional sessions on the day of the fair. You can sign up for group sessions with availability up until one minute before the start of the session. Once the session has started, students will not be able to sign up.
What to Expect Day-Of
On the day-of the event, you will log-in to Handshake and click into the Event. Make sure to join a little bit before your sessions begin. Once logged in, on the event's landing page look for Your Sessions. This section will include all of the sessions you signed up for in the time they will occur.
Wondering what to wear to a virtual professional event? Plan on dressing the same as you would for an in-person interview! Stick to business professional or business casual dress attire.
- Tops - Wear a button down shirt or a simple blouse. It's optional, but pair with a casual jacket, blazer, or cardigan.
- Colors and Patterns - Choose neutral colors and simple patterns. Keep in mind that patterns often do not translate well over video and can be distracting.
- Bottoms - Still wear bottoms that are professional. Yes, the focus will primarily be from the chest up - but we've all seen virtual interviews go horribly wrong by a simple slip-up. Play if safe and pair your top with black or navy bottoms. Khaki is also acceptable.
- Want more guidance? Check out this graphic.
Preparation and Tips
Prepare for the event in the following ways:
- Watch: 6 Tips on Virtual Interviewing
- Submit your resume for review.
- Read Handshake's advice on Participating in a Virtual Fair.
- 10 Reasons Why to Attend a Virtual Career Fair